Best Keyword Research Tools 2019 For Better SEO
How important is Keyword Research in online marketing?
Well, let’s try to put it into perspective.
Currently, there are almost 4 billion people who have access to the internet. That’s more than half of the global population that you can reach online.
Even if you’re only interested in targeting a specific market, the more that you should be doing keyword research because it’s what will give you the information you need to plan your digital marketing strategy.
It doesn’t just make the content creation and marketing process more efficient, but it also puts you in a sweet spot of being able to deliver what your audience wants.
The Best Keyword Research Tools Available Online
Are there tools that can simplify the task at hand?
Doing keyword research may seem tedious since it’s mostly data mining work, but there are many tools that you can use to make the job much easier.
Here’s our list of the best keyword research tools 2019 that will give you a head start on the competition.
These tools may not be free, and some can be more expensive than others, but trust me, they’re well worth every penny.
Having a hard time deciding on the best keywords for your business?
KWFinder is an easy-to-use tool that gives you long tail keyword ideas with low SEO difficulty.
This tool can help you find keywords that you can easily rank for on major search engines.
- Gives you an accurate keyword difficulty score, making it easier for you to find keywords that you can rank for
- Delivers instant SERP analysis that’s based on different SEO metrics.
- Integrated with Google Suggest so you get more keyword ideas that your competitors are missing out on.
- Provides exact search volumes for both long tail keywords and close variant keywords.
- With its location and language settings, you can easily choose keywords for your local business, whatever city you live in or the language you use.
Annual Mangools Basic: $29.90 per month
Mangools Premium: $39.90 per month
Mangools Agency: $79.90 per month
SECockpit developed by SwissMadeMarketing team which gives you much more than just a list of keywords for your business.
It offers you faster, and more accurate keyword research so you get targeted traffic to your website. This SEO management software can save you hours on keyword research.
- With this cloud-based keyword research tool, you get 200 targeted and analyzed keywords/minute. It’s the fastest keyword research tool on the market today!
- Delivers comprehensive SEO data on your competition, including authority, on-page optimization, and backlink counts.
- Helps you set up campaigns and keep track of all your SEO efforts, even backlink checking.
- Supports all countries and languages so you can rank anywhere in the world.
- Offers training materials and support so you can stay updated on SEO techniques.
Personal: $339 per year
Pro: $599 per year
Agency: $899 per year
Longtailpro is a powerful tool that will help you find the best keywords, whatever your niche may be, to rank in Google.
Every plan comes with free access to Long Tail Bootcamp, a 14-day crash course that will teach you all the SEO strategies you need to drive traffic to your website.
- Scores keyword competitiveness so you can find low competition keywords hassle-free.
- Has a new and improved rank value feature, allowing you to calculate just how profitable a specific keyword is.
- Delivers detailed metrics on your competition, doing the tedious ‘spy’ work for you.
- Filters keyword results by many different factors including advertiser competition, local searches, and CPC - on real-time.
- Provides in-depth page level and domain metrics so you can use just one tool to get all the information you need to create your marketing campaigns.
Starter: $25 per month
Pro: $45 per month
Agency: $98 per month
With SEMrush Free Trial, you can test the tool for keyword research and other 35+ tools.
SEMrush is an powerful, all-in-one marketing toolkit that all digital marketing professionals must have in their arsenal.
- It’s the complete workflow for the SEO expert. Whether you’re doing a technical SEO audit or backlinks audit, SEMrush gives you effective ideas on how you can get more organic traffic to your website.
- Delivers competitive intelligence so you know what keywords your competitors are ranking for.
- Provides in-depth analysis of how you can improve both your paid traffic and social media efforts.
- Gives you valuable insights on how you can build an effective social media strategy for your business, whatever niche it is.
- Get different analytics reports that can drive your advertising, paid and organic search, and link building efforts.
Pro: $99 per month
Guru: $199 per month
Business: $399 per month
Ahrefs, is one of the greatest keyword research tool available in the market.
In fact, Ahrefs is the only tool in the market which shows keywords based on parent topic which makes our keyword research process much easier.
- Displays the top five countries where the keyword is most popular.
- Offers a hierarchical keyword database which makes you easier to find long tail related keywords in seconds.
- Provides the newly discovered keywords under separate tab which helps to focus on the latest trending keywords instead of competitive old keywords.
- Apart from keyword research, you'll get access to most common SEO tools like competitor analysis, backlinks finder and much more to say.
- Ahrefs Lite: $99 per month
- Standard: $179 per month
- Advanced: $399 per month
- Agency: $999 per month
Serpstat From team Netpeak is touted as the all-in-one SEO platform for digital marketing professionals.
Whether you’re working on content marketing, PPC, or search analytics, you can improve your content, attract more leads, and maximize your SEO efforts with this versatile tool.
- Helps you find top-performing keywords that will help you strengthen your online presence on search engines. It gives you a list of proven and tested keywords for whatever niche you’re working on.
- Provides search analytics that can give you a leg up on the competition. You get a complete overview of the competition, allowing you to use their strengths and weaknesses to your advantage.
- Boosts your potential to gain maximum ROI through PPC with real-time advertising analysis.
- Offers content marketing insight so you can churn out unique content that will get the attention of your niche market. You’ll attract more traffic to your website with quality content.
- Delivers daily rank trackings so you can keep an eye on your keywords. You get real-time information on how your keywords are performing on Google, in any local search you specify.
Plan A: $19 per month
Plan B: $69 per month
Keyword Revealer is a quick and easy tool that will help you discover keywords that you never thought would work for your niche.
It’s a complete system for keyword research and brainstorming that will save you time on finding keywords and give you more time for your other marketing tasks.
- Helps you discover long-tail keywords that are easy to rank for. You’ll have access to thousands of keywords in an instant.
- Know how your competition is doing with its real time competitor analysis feature. It takes away the guesswork out of learning from the competition.
- Offers different keyword ideas and variant with their unique keyword brainstorming tool. You can explore different keywords and niche ideas and group them in a silo structure.
- Automatically checks your keyword rankings for you on a daily basis. It gives you valuable insight into how your keywords are doing.
- Provides accurate search volume of keywords on different search engines, which is crucial to building your SEO and digital marketing strategies.
Basic: $90 per year
Pro: $210 per year
Elite: $354 per year
Want a tool that makes keyword research easy, even for beginners?
Keysearch.co is a tool that will help you discover low competition keywords in just a few clicks. If you want to take your SEO efforts to another level, this tool can give you a head start in the keyword research game.
- Works as a fast web-based system so you don’t have to worry about installing any software before using this keyword research tool.
- Gives you a full analysis of your competition through the SEO perspective. You can use this tool to check multiple keywords at one go.
- Offers multiple keyword suggestions based on search volume. A must have feature when you’re planning your CPC and PPC campaigns.
- Checks backlinks so you know exactly where you’re getting your traffic from. This look also gives you link analysis for those backlinks.
- Provides YouTube Competition Research for marketers who want to start marketing efforts on the video sharing platform.
Starter: $169 per year
Pro: $279 per year
Amasuite is a powerful keyword research tool specially designed for Amazon sellers.
This easy-to-use tool helps you analyze what the top performing products are on Amazon. It gives you all the information you need to uncover top selling products, even those that are hiding in sub categories.
- Gives you the main overall rank of all products on Amazon so you know which ones you can sell inexpensively.
- Provides product information like weight, dimensions, origin, total sales, and even opportunity score.
- Delivers complete analysis on hidden niches that you can take advantage of.
- Find exactly what it is that you’re looking for with its Instant Category Search feature. You can search through deep sub-categories in just a few seconds.
- Exports data in to HTML reports that you can sort, view, and search. No need to use other software just to create reports on your Amazon research data.
Full-Pay Option: $197 (one-time payment saves you $100)
4-Pay Option: $67 (make 4 payments 1 month apart)
If keyword research leaves you feeling frustrated, SERPWoo is the tool that will take out the frustration out of incomplete URL rankings.
SERPwoo fetches top 10 URLs ranking for the given keyword, then comes up with an list of keywords most used among them.
- Tracks your keywords and gives you access to SERP archives of your keywords.
- Delivers SEO relevant data from 3rd party sources and social signals so you have an overview of what’s happening with your keywords.
- Helps you spot the competition from a mile away. You get valuable information on their stats, giving you an idea of their efforts.
- Get visual representation of your SEO campaigns so you can watch them progress right before your very eyes.
- Provides insights that will help you manage your online reputation. It helps you keep an eye out for any upcoming brands.
Bronze: $49.95 per month for 750 keywords
Silver: $99.95 per month for 2000 keywords
Gold: $199.95 per month for 4000 keywords
Platinum: $229.95 / month for 8000 keywords
Factors to Consider For Keyword Research
Without the right keywords, you’ll have a hard time driving traffic, increasing sales, and achieving ROI.
So how do you get started on keyword research? Let’s begin with the basics.
1. Write down words that describe what your company is about
The first thing that you need to do is create a list of words that describe what your brand or company does.
It can be a mix of nouns and verbs that are related to the business that you’re doing.
If you’re doing keyword research for a digital marketing company that specializes in SEO, for example, your list would probably look something like this:
• Digital Marketing
• SEO Services
• SEO Consultation
• Affordable SEO Services
2. Run your list of words through keyword research tools to see what your audience is saying
Once you have your initial list of keywords, the next thing you need to do is run your list through your preferred keyword research tools.
Since Google takes the largest share with 68% of all online searches, using Google search is a good place to start.
Google will often make suggestions to your search so if you’re running out of keyword ideas, these could be worth looking into.
Usually, you’ll find a list of related keywords and search terms at the bottom of the first Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
To write this post, I searched for the term "Keyword Research”, other suggestions you might find are:
• Keyword Research Tools
• SEO Keyword Research Tools
• Keyword Research Tips
• Keyword Research Methodology
Another valuable Google tool that can help you with your keyword research is the Keyword Planner.
It’s one of the widely used tools among digital marketing specialists and SEO experts alike because it’s easy to use.
This keyword planner is also free, so you don’t have to worry about sharing your credit card information to access it. (you need to run a live ad to use keyword planner for free)
Once you’ve set up an account on Google, all you have to do is type in the words/phrases from your initial list to see numbers of their average monthly searches.
The Google Keyword Planner can only give you basic information like keyword ideas and search volume trends, so manage your expectations.
If you’re looking for in-depth information on specific keywords, you can always use any of the suggested Best Keyword Research Tools in 2019 mentioned above.
3. Check your direct competition for keywords that you can steal
Have you always dreamed of becoming a spy one day? Well, here’s your chance to make that dream come alive.
In digital marketing, checking your competition for keywords is the closest you’ll get to spying for valuable information. '
By using right keyword research tools to spy on competitors, you’ll be able to see the keywords that they’re already ranking for.
You might even find keywords that are performing well for your competition that you never really thought of including to your list.
Just remember to keep your keyword research process organized from this point on.
You can copy and paste the relevant keywords you find in a spreadsheet so you can easily go over them again later on.
4. Think like your target audience
At the end of the day, you’re doing all this to meet the needs of your target audience so don’t forget to try to see it through their perspective.
Imagine you’re your own ideal customer, looking for the product or service that your company can provide.
Because you specialize in SEO services, try thinking of words and phrases that you think your ideal customer would use to try to find you.
Customers who are ready to buy will often add their location or the word “near me” to their search term.
If your ideal customer is looking for something very specific like On-Page SEO services, they’ll usually add a couple of descriptive words in there.
5. Dealing with long Tail Keywords
We all know that search engines are designed to help you find the best information online.
In order to provide quality results, companies like Google, Bing, and Yahoo invest a lot of time and money in improving their search engine algorithms and web crawlers.
While longer phrases and sentences, also known as long tail keywords, don’t draw in that much traffic, these terms signify a higher probability of converting a search into a sale.
This is why long-tail keywords with 4 words or more, are considered the holy grail of content marketing, SEO, and social media.
Is keyword research a one-time deal?
Unfortunately, not many business owners understand the importance of doing in-depth keyword research.
They post content on their websites, blogs, and social media, without really giving much thought to keywords that they should be targeting.
The end result? Low, sometimes even zero visits to their websites or social media accounts because the content that was being posted wasn’t targeted to any keyword.
No self-respecting digital marketer in their right mind will ever start a digital campaign without first doing basic keyword research at the very least.
And because keyword research basically tells you what your audience is searching for, it’s a process that needs to be done on a regular basis.
Best Keyword Research Tools 2019 For Better SEO