10 Best Cloudflare Alternatives (Free + Premium) in 2022
This Cloudflare Alternatives post will bring you the list of best free and premium alternatives to Cloudflare.
Either you’re looking for an alternative to Cloudflare due to pricing or more features, we’ve got you covered with the best option.
Top Alternatives to Cloudflare
- StackPath – Alternative for unlimited sites.
- Sucuri – Best for Performance and security.
- NitroPack – Best for PageSpeed improvements.
- KeyCDN – Affordable Alternative.
- BunnyCDN – Cheaper services than Cloudflare.
Why Do You Need a Cloudflare Alternative?
Cloudflare is the best free CDN in the market. However, the plan comes with high limitations and often increases the load times instead of reducing it.
Not to mention, the Cloudflare pro plan starts at $20 per month per site which is not affordable for most businesses. There are a lot of alternatives which cost $10 per month but also allow unlimited sites.
Another reason why people look for Cloudflare alternatives is feature restrictions per plan. Yes, Cloudflare Enterprise is the top-tier plan at $200 per month that comes with all features while the Business plan at $100 per month and Pro plan at $20 per month comes with a limited set of features.
10 Best Cloudflare Alternatives
StackPath is the best Cloudflare Alternative in 2020 that I recommended. StackPath is not only affordable but also fastest in the North American region when compared to Cloudflare.
How StackPath is an economical alternative to Cloudflare? The charges of StackPath is just $10 per month with unlimited site allowed. While the Cloudflare Pro plan costs $20 per month for a single site, if you are hosting a small number of sites and needing a premium CDN, I can't stop myself from recommending StackPath.
StackPath speeds up your content production and accelerates the website by more than 68% to increase sales and attract visitors worldwide. With StackPath's high-performance Content Delivery Network, your website will be accessed from all over the world at extremely high speeds.
StackPath is also one of the direct Cloudflare DDOS competitors with layer 7 protection.
- Content Caching & Fast Purge – For high-capacity SSDs and advanced caching technologies, StackPath has industry-leading caching depth to keep more content available longer at the bottom.
- Flexible Customization with EdgeRules™ – Take immediate control of how EdgeRules delivers your content. Modify your asset management, security controls, SEO, and web experience to your demands from the bottom.
- Free Private EdgeSSL Certificate – Serve SSL certificates from the edge to speed up productivity and improve availability by cutting off the origin SSL workload.
- Serverless scripting – Integrate custom logic into workflows, deliver tailored content, change end-user experience, and much more without controlling infrastructure.
- Real-Time Analytics – Leverage detailed content delivery and traffic data points with developed reporting and analytics capabilities.
StackPath Pricing Compared to Cloudflare
Edge Delivery Bundle
- Edge Delivery 20 – $20/month
- Edge Delivery 200 – $200/month
- Edge Delivery 2000 – $2000/month
- CDN – $10/month
In my opinion, Sucuri is a combination of Performance and speed, similar to Cloudflare.
Sucuri is a cloud-based website security provider that deals exclusively in website malware analysis. With Sucuri, businesses and web professionals can secure their websites, enhance efficiency, track indicators of vulnerability, and provide unlimited support for security incidents.
- Website Protection & Performance Boost – Sucuri provides website security and improved performance with Sucuri's global content distribution network, Anycast. The Sucuri CDN instantly stores your website’s content, increasing its speed by more than 70%.
- Integration – Sucuri products can also be used in collaboration with other CDNs, such as Cloudflare.
- E-commerce Security in All Plans – The Sucuri Website Protection Platform (Signup page) offers on-going website monitoring, security, performance enhancement, and remediation if the website is damaged.
- DDoS Attack Mitigation – Sucuri provides unlimited Distributed Denial of Service ( DDoS) Attack Mitigation in all Web Application Firewall (WAF) plans.
- Unlimited Malware Removal Requests – Sucuri provides unrestricted elimination of malware in all plans of the Website Security Platform. This involves automatic maintenance, manual inspection, and a full analysis of the quarantined files.
Sucuri Vs Cloudflare Pricing
- Basic – $199.99/yr
- Pro – $299.99/yr
- Business – $499.99/yr
NitroPack is a Cloudflare Competitor for PageSpeed improvements. While Cloudflare offers you a lot of features to configure on your own, NitroPack does automated PageSpeed improvement.
In fact, NitroPack is one level above Cloudflare. If you consider our NitroPack Review and features, Cloudflare is basically a CDN, speed optimization, and security suite. On the other hand, NitroPack comes with CDN powered by Amazon Cloudfront, Complete Image optimization suite, WordPress caching, and speed optimization features. NitroPack guarantees a PageSpeed score on mobile over 75+ and on desktop 90+.
However, Cloudflare doesn’t offer any such guaranteed speed improvements. NitroPack Features are
- Proprietary caching mechanism.
- Complete Image Optimization.
- Global POP locations.
- HTML, CSS and JS optimization.
- WordPress speed optimization.
NitroPack Vs Cloudflare Pricing
Both NitroPack and Cloudflare plan starts at $19.99 and $20 per month respectively. NitroPack is exclusive for WordPress and OpenCart while Cloudflare works with any platform.
5cents CDN is a multi-CDN service provider with more data centers when compared to Cloudflare.
5centsCDN gives you a first-rate content delivery network that incorporates a dynamic array of servers used in different data centers around the world. Their company is capable of producing the fastest video streaming or website acceleration, regardless of the distance between servers and users.
5cents CDN Features
- Live Transcoding – The live streaming solution is a user-friendly, convenient to use, and immediate live streaming solution.
- Simulcasting – allows you to publish live streaming to various platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Periscope, and more or to an external media server simultaneously. The source stream may be within 5cents or any other external services.
- Domain Locking – Secure your live stream to be viewed only in your designated domain. It prevents unauthorized websites from not being able to copy your embed code.
- Traffic Director (Multi-CDN) – Traffic Director allows the customer to shift to the best performance Nodes or Multi-CDN PoP.
- Secured Token – An authentication token to protect your content that prevents third-party users from accessing and using your content elsewhere.
- Standard – $50/month
- Volume – $62.50/month
- Premium – $75/month
- Enterprise – $100/month
CDNSun is an alternative to Cloudflare that enables the clients to grow their online content and also their companies. CDNSun aims to provide affordable Content Delivery Network services of high reliability, efficiency, and security. The solutions include website acceleration, software & game delivery, ad service, live streaming, and on-demand video streaming.
- Fast – All the servers are equipped with fast SSD drives and high connectivity.
- Global Location– Their content delivery network consists of more than 50 data centers worldwide.
- Complete Solution – They provide a comprehensive solution that includes a powerful network, dashboard, and API for management and integration support.
- 24/7 Support – Real-time monitoring and technical support via email, phone, and even live chat.
- 500GB – $20/month
- 1TB – $40/month
- 5TB – $180/month
- 10TB – $340/month
- 50TB – $1600/month
- 100TB – $3000-$2450/month
5. Akamai CDN
Akamai CDN is a globally distributed intelligent edge platform that encloses everything, from enterprise to cloud, so that our clients and their businesses can be speedy, efficient, and safe. Akamai CDN keeps judgments, software, and experiences closer to customers than anyone else, and even attacks and threats down immediately.
Akamai CDN Features
- 24/7 Monitoring – Akamai offers a protective shield designed to secure your websites, mobile devices, and API-driven requests. Via 24/7 monitoring, Akamai collects and analyzes terabytes of attack data, billions of bot requests, and hundreds of millions of IP addresses to improve your defenses and keep you updated.
- High Reliability – Akamai Cloud Delivery Platform's reliability means to deliver your critical content with solidity, quality, and security throughout every device, every time.
- Expert Services – Akamai provides a team of more than 1,900 experts supporting you with strategic expertise, comprehensive outsourcing, proactive monitoring, and responsive troubleshooting.
- Media Delivery – Akamai delivers and monetizes high quality and secure online streaming services.
- Web and Mobile Performance – Centers on increasing revenue with robust data and automation built to enhance customer experience on web and online applications.
- 1TB – $350/month
- 5TB – $1750/month
- 10TB – $3500/month
6. Google CDN
Google CDN allows businesses to deliver content to their customers with industry-leading performance and throughput. It caches content from locations worldwide to stream video, serve images, download game updates, and other digital distribution applications.
If you are looking for a managed Google CDN service, try Templ.io for free. Templ.io is powered by Google Cloud, DNS, and CDN on the whole for a fixed monthly price.
Google CDN Features
- Global distribution with anycast IP – Your site receives a single global IP address, incorporating consistent global performance with ease of management.
- Optimized for last-mile performance – Supports new protocols created by Google, such as HTTP/2 and QUIC, to boost site efficiency for web users and users in emerging markets.
- Integrated with Google Cloud – It is positively associated with Cloud Monitoring and Cloud Logging, giving detailed latency metrics out of the box and raw HTTP request logs for greater visibility.
- Supports hybrid and multi-cloud architectures – Allows users to deliver content hosted on-site or in another cloud.
- HTTPS (SSL) built-in – TLS (SSL) certificates are included at no extra charge through the managed certificate service to mitigate the need to acquire or renew SSL certificates.
- Cache egress $0.02-$0.20/ GB
- Cache fill $0.04-$0.15/GB.
- HTTP/HTTPS cache lookup requests – $0.0075/10,000 requests
- Cache invalidation – $0.005/invalidation
7. Cloudfront CDN
Amazon CloudFront offers a quick content delivery network provider that efficiently delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers worldwide at low latency, high connection speed, all within a developer-friendly environment.
Amazon CloudFront Features
- Fast and Global – CloudFront network has 216 points of presence (PoPs) and a highly-resilient Amazon backbone network for superior performance and availability for your end-users.
- Security at the Edge – Cloudfront CDN provides both network and application-level protection. Your traffic and applications benefit through a variety of built-in protections such as AWS Shield Standard.
- Highly Programmable – Lambda@Edge functions, activated by CloudFront events, spread your custom code across AWS locations worldwide, enabling you to bring even more complex application logic closer to your end-users to boost responsiveness.
- Deep integration with AWS – Amazon CloudFront is integrated with AWS services such as Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon Route 53, and AWS Elemental Media Services.
- Guarantee Security – CloudFront integrates seamlessly with AWS Shield for Layer 3/4 DDoS mitigation and AWS WAF for Layer 7 protection.
Cloudflare vs Cloudfront
While Cloudflare is free, Cloudfront doesn't offer any free plan. The major advantage of Cloudfront is that it allows all POP locations for all users while Cloudflare doesn’t provide access to all their POPs in Pro and Business plans.
- Data Transfer Out (End Users) – $0.09/GB
- Data Transfer Out (Origin Servers) – $0-$0.09/GB
- HTTP Request – $0.0075-$0.0220/10K requests
- Invalidation Request – $0.005/request
8. Azure CDN
Azure Content Delivery Network allows you to reduce load times, save bandwidth, speed response whether you create or maintain websites or mobile devices, or encode and distribute streaming media, gaming applications firmware updates, or IoT endpoints.
Azure CDN Features
- Deep Integration – Works with Azure services such as Web Apps, Media Services, Storage, and Cloud Services.
- Massive Capacity – With its distributed, global presence easily handles sudden traffic spikes and heavy loads.
- Developer-Friendly – Azure APIs and developer tools provide efficient, effective, and security information you need to establish global applications quickly.
- Advanced Analytics – Allows customers to track its receiving and caching assets and further monitor traffic on the content delivery network using real-time and granular analytics.
With Azure CDN, pay only what you use. You could avail yourself your pricing depending on your chosen tools.
Azure Content Delivery Network Standard
- 10TB – $0.081/GB
- 100TB – $0.056/GB
- 500TB – $0.028/GB
Azure Content Delivery Network Premium
- 10TB – $0.158/GB
- 500TB – $0.093/GB
BunnyCDN is secure, efficient, and lightning-fast built to offer outstanding performance at the world's most cost-effective pricing. They are easily affordable CDN for WordPress, which is much cheaper than Cloudflare.
- Less than 30ms Global Latency – The sites can be reached in less than 30 milliseconds in most areas worldwide.
- Easy Let's Encrypt SSL – Free SSL certificate with a click of a button using the simple Let's Encrypt integration.
- Bunny Optimizer – Image optimization and processing to manage images with a simple query string.
- Real-Time Monitoring – Full insight into your traffic using its next-generation real-time monitoring dashboard.
- Edge Rules – Define custom rules to control delivery, security, routing, authentication, and more directly on edge.
- Block IPs or Whole Countries – Secure customers' content and save money by blocking or redirecting IPs or countries to cheaper regions.
- America – $0.01/GB
- South America – $0.045/GB
- 500TB – $0.005/GB
- 1PB to 2PB – $0.003/GB
- 2PB+ – $0.0025/GB
KeyCDN is a high-performance content distribution network that has been designed for the future. This only takes a couple of minutes to start providing content to your users at a flashing speed.
- Optimized hardware – All servers are meticulously crafted with an advanced TCP stack, 100% SSD coverage, and much more.
- Powerful features – Each account, whether large or small, has access to all attributes such as HTTP/2, Brotli, TLS 1.3, and many more.
- Global network -Uses IP anycast and latency based routing technology for leading performance.
- Speed up images – Instantly transforms and optimizes images in real-time.
- Develop with ease – Users have full account control with the RESTful API.
- 24/7 support – Professional technical support team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all customers at no additional cost.
North America Region
- 10TB – $0.04/GB
- 40TB – $0.03/GB
- 100TB – $0.02/GB
- 150TB – $0.01/GB
South America Region
- 10TB – $0.12/GB
- 40TB – $0.10/GB
- 100TB – $0.07/GB
- 150TB – $0.05/GB
The above CDN is the best in the industry when compared to Cloudflare. Although free CDN hosting is great, it doesn’t offer any real benefit. You need to pick a premium CDN to get rid of Cloudflare for better performance.