Digital Marketing has become widespread in recent years. Knowing more about digital marketing is always essential when you are a startup or wish to start your own business.
Let us start discussing more digital marketing statistics in 2022.
The Digital Marketing Statistics Are
Digital marketing Fun Facts
- The content on a page will be read by 20% of people, but a video will be watched by 80%. So you're in the minority if you're reading this.
- Emails with no subject lines (from legitimate sources) were 8 percent more likely to be opened than those with a subject line.
- If you're looking for the country with the most Facebook users, you'll have to venture past the birthplace of the social media platform and into densely populated India. This country has embraced social networking, with 280 million subscribers as of April 2020.
- Only 2% of LinkedIn members have not yet joined any groups.
- Automated email campaigns had 70.5 percent higher open rates and 152 percent greater click-through rates than manually creating and sending marketing communications.
- On mobile devices, 63% of emails are opened.
- Campaign Monitor users (a small percentage of all email marketers) sent 31.56 billion emails to 192 countries in 2019. Open rates are highest (at 24%) between 6 and 11 p.m.
Source: Campaign Monitor
- Eighty percent of respondents say email etiquette influences whether or not they engage with strangers.
- Most email marketers modify emails to make them sound more intelligent.
- 28.5 percent of Americans find email humor entirely appropriate, while 5.9% find it completely unacceptable.
- An email signature containing a professional title, such as CEO, VO, etc., is preferred by 80% of individuals.
Source: Marketing Land Survey
Every day in 2018, 281 billion emails were sent and received. (Statista)
Some business owners mistakenly believe that customers dislike being contacted via email. On the other hand, recent statistics show that this is not the case. According to Statista, 281 billion emails were sent every day in 2018, with that number expected to rise to 347 billion by 2022. This demonstrates that emailing is still one of the most effective ways to communicate with your target audience.
Welcome emails have an open rate of 82 percent on average. (GetResponse)
According to GetResponse's latest data, welcome emails are opened by at least 82 percent. This is a key measure to consider because it determines the success of your email marketing strategy.
Your CTR, or click-through rate, is proportionate to the number of people who open your email. As a result, the more people who open and read your emails, the more likely they will engage with your business by purchasing or learning more about your products.
The average percentage of people who open emails on their mobile devices is 49%. (IBM)
Ensure all messages are mobile-friendly if you utilize email marketing to promote your business. Because many people use these gadgets to check their email, this is the case.
Transactional rates for personalized emails are 6 times higher than for non-personalized emails. (Martech)
If you own a business, you'll come across various customers that differ in ways beyond their demographics. You should consider sending individualized emails instead of generic emails to create confidence with these clients.
Social Media Statistics
- 69 percent of social media marketers intend to utilize Instagram more frequently.
- Marketers' top social media sites are Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Marketers use social media to boost traffic, lead generation, and customer loyalty.
- Marketers post to social media networks three to four times per week.
- The company's proprietors handle 84.13 percent of the company's social media accounts.
- 82 percent of female customers think social media recommendations impact how they collect information and opinions.
- 72 percent of individuals believe that being able to check social media before buying a new product takes the guesswork out of buying a new product, according to 81 percent of consumers.
People spend an average of 142 minutes on social media daily (Global World Index)
You regularly utilize your social media accounts, whether reading through thousands of endless Facebook pages or uploading your favorite photo to Instagram. But how much time do you spend on these sites?
According to a study by the Global World Index, people spend an average of 2 hours and 22 minutes on social media. As a result, as a business owner, you can utilize your social media accounts to promote your brand, gain more followers, and profit from it.
Every day, 3.2 billion people utilize social media. (Emarsys)
You should reconsider if you've been underestimating the usefulness of social media platforms for marketing your products or services.
According to Emarsys, 3.2 billion people, or 42 percent of the global population, utilize social media regularly. If you're good at social media marketing, you can reach a broader audience and help your company achieve new heights.
Marketers are confident in their social media activities, according to 83 percent of respondents. (HootSuite)
Marketers' confidence in social media marketing has grown due to recent developments in helping to assess ROIs, and it is expected to rise even more next year. Marketers will continue to use social media to recruit new customers and maintain ties with existing ones.
Check out Social Media Users 2022 here.
- Content development is the most beneficial SEO strategy for 72 percent of internet marketers. (isitwp)
- Over 77,000 queries are made every second on Google. (Statistics from the Internet)
- The first five results in search engines receive 67 percent of clicks. (Advanced Web Ranking)
- Google sends zero organic traffic to 90% of web pages. (Databox)
- Moreover, half of all search inquiries are four words or longer. (Propecta)
- On Google, a Featured Snippet box appears in 12% of search queries. (Ahrefs)
Check out Best SEO Tools 2022 here.
Yieldify performed research with 400 eCommerce leaders in the UK and US in July 2020.
According to it,
- A website personalization scheme is already in place at over 74 percent of the organizations polled.
- Retention (58%) has surpassed conversion (55%) and acquisition (45%) as the most important goal for website personalization in 2020.
- Only 54% of companies utilize AI-driven predictive segments at the moment. However, this was highlighted as a high-growth sector, with 89 percent of respondents expecting to use it by the end of next year.
- A lack of expertise (37 percent), inadequate functionality (36 percent), and a lack of time are the three most significant roadblocks to scaling a personalization approach (35 percent ).
- eCommerce sales accounted for 12% of all retail sales worldwide in 2018. (Statista)
- Organic Google searches account for 43% of eCommerce traffic. (Wolfgang Digital)
- There are more than 286 million active PayPal accounts worldwide. (Statista)
- While in a physical store, 65% of customers use their phones to search for pricing comparisons. (KPMG)
- Exit-Intent campaigns convert 2-4 percent of visitors who are about to leave into email subscribers (OptinMonster)
- Each US customer spends an average of $1,800 each year on eCommerce. (Statista)
- Amazon accounted for 44% of all US eCommerce sales in 2017. (CNBC)
- When asked about conversational marketing, 82% of consumers want a response via online live chat within 5 minutes. (Drift)
Check out eCommerce Statistics here.
Mobile Commerce Statistics
A large percentage of the population – at least 96 percent – owns a mobile phone. Pew Research
Businesses can use mobile marketing tactics to reach a larger audience. According to research conducted by the Pew Research Center, at least 96 percent of Americans own a cellphone. To break it down, 81 percent of people own a cellphone, whereas 15% own a phone that isn't a smartphone.
Mobile devices now account for over half of all internet purchases –Adweek.
With the popularity of mobile shopping on the rise, now is the most fantastic time to ensure your website is optimized for viewing and transactions on mobile devices.
Moreover, 40% of internet transactions were completed on a mobile device.
After a hostile encounter, 88 percent of customers will not return to a website. – ThinkwithGoogle
Nothing is more aggravating than trying to navigate a website that isn't mobile-friendly. The information frequently exceeds the width of your viewing angle, requiring you to swipe over to read the long lines.
If your website isn't mobile-friendly, now is a good moment to update it. According to studies, 88 percent of customers will not return to a website after a lousy encounter. Similarly, 61% of users stated they would rapidly go to another site if they didn't find what they were looking for on a mobile site immediately.
This implies that you should attempt to improve your clients' mobile experience.
You must keep up with the most recent research and trends in the digital marketing sector because it is continually evolving.
I hope these figures provide insight into the digital marketing landscape and shed light on some of your competitors' marketing efforts. They'll also provide you with ideas that you can use to assist your company stay competitive and possibly even getting ahead of the competition.