How To Build High Quality Backlinks To A New Blog In 2018?
Are you struggling to increase traffic to your new blog? Do you know why you’re not getting enough traffic from search engines like Google even after posting content regularly?
If you’re launching a new blog or started a site recently, you know that traffic is significant and it is considered as the lifeblood of any profitable online business.
The more quality traffic you get, the more sales you can make - it’s as simple as that.
Majority of the blogs die within 3 months of the launch because of lack of website traffic.
If you’re one among them who are struggling to get more search traffic, I’ve a quick tip for you: build high quality backlinks or have an effective backlinks strategy as soon as possible.
Backlinks are considered as votes by Google. The more quality links you build, the more search engine visibility and traffic your site will receive.
So, how to build high quality backlinks for your newly created website?
Here are few of the proven link building strategies you can use to build quality links to your new blog.
6 PROVEN Ways To Build Backlinks For A Brand New Website
#1. Create Long Form Of In-Depth Content
One of the most common mistakes most new bloggers make while trying to build links to their site is they post thin and generic content and expect excellent results.
Remember, the #1 link building strategy is the content itself!
So if you’re posting average quality thin content, don’t bother about attracting links from other sources.
What is thin content?
Thin content is usually;
- Rehashed content
- Short content (300 to 500 words or even less)
- Doesn’t add any value to the readers
Why would anyone link to your content if it’s brand new with generic content?
That being said, creating highly engaging and in-depth content is the first step to build a blog that naturally attracts links from other sources.
What is in-depth content and why it works best for SEO?
- Contains more than 2000+ words
- Opportunity to add more LSI keywords
- Highly informative content and practical to follow
- Visually appealing (with images, videos, screenshots, etc.)
- Possibility of improving the keyword ranking in search results
If you’re wondering why should you create a long form or in-depth content, have a look at the below image.
You can see from the above case study done by serpIQ and conclude that the average content length of top 10 search results on Google is over 2000+ words (2300 words average length for top 6 search results).
So what did you learn? The long form of in-depth content always ranks well in Google search results. That’s what you need to create if you want to drive more traffic and attract high quality backlinks to your site.
#2. Implement “Testimonial Hack”
One of the easiest ways to get more backlinks to a fresh blog is to give testimonials along with your website’s URL and your name. It always works like a charm no matter what industry you are in.
So how do you get links using this testimonial hack?
The first step is to discover all the products, services, eBooks, plugins, etc. that you personally love and use on your blog.
Then, start emailing the people who created those products to let them know how much you love them.
Also, ask if they are interested in getting a personal testimonial from you (most people, especially the companies that are new and growing, will say yes because they need real feedback from real customers and it also acts as a powerful social proof to increase their sales).
So this is a win/win approach for both product creators where they can get social proof and for you where you can get links.
Or you can also find out their Twitter or Facebook (or any other social media platform where they are active) to tell them about how much you love their products or services along with your testimonial offer.
#3. Get Links from Link Roundups
There are so many bloggers across all industries who regularly do link roundups. Some of they do these roundups weekly, and others do once in a month.
No matter who’s doing link roundups, start participating in them (to attract links from other blogs every week).
This is how I got a backlink to my site from a link round up post.
So how can you get started with it to build backlinks to a recently launched blog?
Step 1: Start using Google search like a pro to find out all the sites that usually perform link roundups. You can use Google search keywords like
- “marketing” + “link roundup”
- “marketing” + “weekly link roundup”
- “marketing” + “monthly link roundup”
Replace “marketing” with your niche (fitness, technology, blogging or anything that your website topic is based on) to find out all the sites that usually do link roundups.
Step 2: The second step is to start engaging on those sites. You can make comments, start sharing their posts or even link to their best posts to start building relationships with the bloggers who are already doing link roundups.
It gives a great chance for you to get links from those sites whenever they are doing link roundups on their site.
Step 3: Email the owners of the site who usually create link roundup posts by sharing your best content.
You don’t have to do this every week but only provide your best of the best content so they can link to you in the future.
#4. Guest Posting Is Evergreen
Leo Babauta, Danny Iny, Gregory Ciotti - all these great bloggers have built their audiences and made huge profits starting with guest posting on other blogs.
Guest posting is a must for every new blogger that helps you with;
- Building more backlinks from other blogs
- Building audience
- Building relationships
- Increasing your traffic and more
That being said, here are few tips you can use for effective guest posting.
- Find out the sites where you want to write guest posts. If you’re starting out, start with small blogs with the good audience (where you see 10+ comments, social shares, etc.) Then, you can start writing for more prominent blogs in your niche once you get enough guest posting momentum.
- You can use keyword search strings like “your blog topic” + “write guest post for us” (for example: “fitness + write guest post for us”) to find all the sites that accept guest posts.
- Learn to write compelling emails with great subject lines because you’ll pitch a lot of bloggers every week for guest posting opportunities. Always think about win/win approaches and pitch your guest posting ideas after reading their guest posting guidelines.
#5. Conduct Expert Roundup Posts
Since you are a Newbie and want to attract powerful backlinks, start doing expert roundups with influencers in your industry.
Expert roundups perform well in terms of;
- Getting more backlinks
- Getting more social shares
- Ranking higher on Google search and
- Giving you a lot of online buzzes
Even the authority sites like Ahrefs, SEMrush are doing expert roundups for a reason: they know those posts attract a lot of online buzzes and attract backlinks like crazy and below are such examples.
So if you’re not yet doing expert roundups in your field, start doing it. Here are some solid tips you can use for efficient expert roundups.
- Pick a topic that’s already popular in your niche, then come up with the most powerful question you can ask and use in expert roundups. For example: emailing people in marketing industry about “3 SEO tools you can’t live without” can persuade them to participate in your roundup posts as well as it also gives you a chance to use affiliate links while mentioning those tools on your blog.
- Research about other expert roundups in your industry. Make a list of all the bloggers who are already actively participating in expert roundup posts so you can easily convince them to join your roundup posts even if you’ve a new blog.
- The essential step in doing expert roundups is email outreach. If done right, you can expect 50% of people you email participating in your roundup posts. So make sure to use great questions and subject lines to contact other bloggers via email.
#6. Social Media, Forums & Communities
Although most of the social media links are of nofollow, but they add a ton of value whenever you attract them to each one of your blog posts.
They also are great for backlink diversifying because building only dofollow links can do more harm than good in the long run.
That’s why you need to diversify your backlink profile by keeping a proper ration between both dofollow and nofollow links (so social media links are really great for your website’s SEO in that aspect).
You can ask other bloggers to share your content and use Facebook groups, Pinterest boards, and Google Plus Communities to increase your social media shares.
Here is a complete guide to get backlinks from Social Media!
Joining and taking part in Forums is a genuine link building strategy for a recently created blog. You can add your site URL as a signature and give as a reference for someone’s query.
Apart from backlinks, your sites will receive tons of targeted traffic and social shares. Here is one of our Quora profile which got 12,000+ views, 2500+ upvotes and 33 social shares.
Likewise, you may make use of the blogging communities to interact with the co-bloggers, gain some exposure and earn backlinks as well.
Here are few of them where you can easily get links to your site;
- Digital point Forum
- Site Point Forum
I hope that you have come to know “How to get high quality links to your new blog?”.
Now, let me tell you a few black-hat link building strategies that would make you face the “Penalization”.
So, it’s better to avoid the following tactics and stay authoritative!
Backlink Techniques To Ignore For A Latest Site
- Unnatural Sitewide Links
- Low-quality Directory Submission
- Irrelevant Dofollow Link Through Profile Creation
- Reciprocal Link Exchange With Unrelated Websites
Final verdict on Building Links To A Fresh Blog In 2018
I don’t say link building is dead. If anyone ever tells that creating the links for the site is a fruitless approach, don’t believe them.
Link building practices have changed!
If you are in a competitive niche to some extent, you always need to practice the backlink strategies that work like a charm even in the long term.
Above link building strategies work great especially for new blogs so make sure to implement them one by one to see great results in terms of backlinks and traffic to your site.
Share your thoughts in the comments and also let me know your favorite link building tactics one can use to build links for a brand new site.