Social media has lifted up the levels of the economy and people's lives. Globally, social media has got a warm welcome from all age groups.
Facebook continues to be the social media platform with the most users. It has around 2.80 billion active users as of January 2021. You can peculiarly understand how well your company has been distributed on popular social media platforms when it comes to statistics. If not, correct it after a glance at the social media stats.
Social Media Users Statistics
The most popular social networks are frequently available in numerous languages and allow users to connect with friends or people from all over the world, regardless of geography, politics, or economics.
Social networking sites are predicted to have 3.96 billion users by 2022. These numbers are expected to rise as mobile device usage, and mobile social networks gain popularity in previously underserved countries.
Check out Twitter User statistics here.
Social Media Usage Stats
- Around the world, the normal client goes through 2 hours and 25 minutes via web-based media each day (of 7 hours complete spent on the web, across all gadgets)
- Web-based media utilization dunks to 2h07 in the US, 1h49 in the UK, and 1h46 in Canada
- The Philippines is the top shopper, where individuals normal 4h15 each day via online media, while Japan utilizes social the least, with 51 minutes out of every day
- 98.8% of clients access online media by means of a cell phone (and individuals spend a normal of 4 hours and 10 minutes on those gadgets consistently)
- The normal client has accounts on 8.4 distinctive social stages
- 98.7% to 100% of clients on the significant informal organizations utilize different stages
Social Media Advertising Stats
- Spending on social media advertising in the United States is predicted to rise 21.3 percent to 49 billion dollars in 2021.
- 70% of social media users feel that brands that prioritize profits over people during a pandemic are untrustworthy.
- Two-thirds of social media users expect firms to advertise in positive, safe environments.
- Ad blockers are used by 42.7 percent of internet users globally.
- Ad blockers are used by 22.3 percent of those who feel there are “too much advertising” and “ads are unpleasant and irrelevant” (the top 2 reasons for blocking ads)
How many people use social media?
According to the most recent statistics, there will be 3.78 billion social media users globally in 2021, up 5% from the previous year. Even Google Users in 2022 are at peak now.
It is also 920 million higher than the number of social users in 2017, representing a staggering 32.2 percent increase in only five years. Over this time span, the average yearly growth rate was 7.2 percent.
While the number of people using social media will continue to rise, growth is projected to slow. From 2022 to 2025, the average annual growth rate is expected to be 3.9 percent. (source)
Social Media User Demographics Stats
Moreover, half of the world's population (53 percent) now uses social media, growing 12.3% year over year.
When it comes to the number of individuals who use social media by region, the three areas with the most users are all found on the world's largest continent: Asia.
Eastern Asia is at the top of the list, with over one billion individuals using social media. There is 13.7 percent of the global population who use social media there. This is unsurprising given that the region includes China, the world's most populated country.
With 482.73 million people, Southeast Asia has the second-highest social media users. Southern Asia comes in second with 470.01 million people.
Northern America, with 329.25 million social media users, and South America, with 274.22 million users, round out the top five.
Average time spent on social media
- The average amount of time spent on social media each day is 2 hours 25 minutes / 145 minutes globally.
- From the age of 16 to the average life expectancy of 70, the average person will spend 5.7 years using social media.
- From the age of 16 and up, the average person will spend 36.5 days per year on platforms.
- People in the Philippines spend the most time networking on a daily basis, at 4h 15m, out of the 46 countries studied.
- Japan has the shortest daily networking time, at 51 minutes.
Source: Datareportal, Statcounter
What is the most popular social media platform in 2022?
Since 2020, Facebook has been the most popular social media platform, with 2.85 billion users out of a total of 4.48 billion. With nearly 2 billion users, YouTube and WhatsApp come in second and third, respectively, followed by Messenger, WeChat, and Instagram, all of which have 1 billion or more users.
Check out the Instagram User statistics here.
Which country has the highest number of social media users?
The United Arab Emirates is the most active country, according to Statista data from 2020, with 99 percent of its population utilizing social media. The penetration rate is 49 percent average around the world. When only eligible users aged 13 and up are included, the average social media penetration rate is 63 percent.
Check out Discord Users in 2022 here.
What percent of social media users are under 18?
By total population, key statistics
- Regardless of age, 49% of the world's population is engaged on social media.
- Social media is used by 63 percent of the world's population aged 13 and up.
- The United States has 70% regardless of age, with 83 percent for those aged 13 and up.
- The UK has a rate of 66 percent regardless of age, with a rate of 79 percent for those aged 13 and up.
- Canada has a 67 percent rate for all ages, with 77 percent for those aged 13 and up.
- Australia has a 71 percent rate for all ages, with 85 percent for those aged 13 and up.
- India has 29 percent of the population, regardless of age, and 38 percent for those aged 13 and up.
Source: Datareportal, Statista, and Kepio’s Analysis
The social media platform has been expanding, thereby benefiting the users. When you are clear with the expansion and its growth, you can organize your marketing strategy accordingly. Cheers!