5 Best Yoast SEO Alternatives in 2023 – Is it Worth Switching?
Many plugins available in the market can help you out with SEO. Yoast SEO comes as the most popular plugin among experts. However, other options can help with SEO just as much as Yoast SEO.
Let me help you with the review on Yoast SEO Alternative list.
The Best Yoast SEO Alternative is
In my opinion, RankMath is the overall best Yoast SEO Alternative. It enhances your website's SEO and rankings. RankMath comes with a clean and sleek interface, a built-in auto-setup wizard, and many features and functionalities.
The plugin comes with an automated setup and configuration wizard, making it easier to set up the website for SEO. The wizard automatically verifies and audits your site and helps with the ideal SEO settings.
Additionally, you get every SEO feature that you’d ever need. From optimizing the posts and content with the most useful and competitive keywords to tracking keyword rankings and analyzing websites’ SEO performance, RankMath does it all. Here are some of the most prominent features of this plugin.
- Built-in modules: It helps with a website audit, keyword research, analytics and tracking, site mapping, indexing, etc.
- Rank Tracker: It helps you track the rankings of the website as regards a particular keyword, along with marking every ranking keyword in a post, thus giving insights on the keywords that you need to work on for higher rankings.
- Easy Schema Markup and customization: It imports competitors’ schema markup, which altogether helps in adding up more information about your website and making it stand out on the search engines.
- Automated Local SEO Optimization: It helps reach a wider audience base in the local areas of your business, thereby expanding the growth prospects.
RankMath is available as a Free plugin, but the options and features are limited. When you go Premium, there are two options available, viz. Pro and Business. The Pro package comes at $129/year, while the Business package costs $429/year.
Besides this standard pricing, RankMath keeps putting up limited-time offers through which you can get it at a discounted pricing. You may choose any Pro or Business packages comparing your needs and requirements.
SEOPress is yet another affordable Yoast SEO Alternative plugin with all-in-one SEO features. It helps to directly customize meta titles and tags in the posts. It’s easier with this wizard to enable and disable features and functionalities.
The plugin offers white-label SEO services, and with a focus on working on every key SEO aspect with the best industry practices, it can help rank websites and generate traffic in no time.
With a user-friendly, easy-to-use interface, SEOPress comes with a quick Installation Wizard that configures the plugin with your website and gets you started in no time at all.
With an all-in-one approach, you can do just about everything on SEOPress, be it optimization, site mapping, crawling, indexing, analytics, integration, mark up, or any other SEO practice.
- Easy optimization for content, images, media files, meta tags, and meta description, etc.
- Enhanced social media presence with the ability to share social networks.
- Easy site mapping, markup, and redirections to boost on-page and technical SEO.
- Analytics and Integration setup to analyze content, keyword rankings, broken links, etc.
The free version of the plugin is available with the basic SEO tools and features. The free version is suitable for meeting the basic SEO needs and requirements. However, for advanced needs, it’s best to switch to the Pro version with a minimal cost of just $39 with all the advanced needs SEO tools, features, and functionalities.
Additionally, you can cancel the subscription at any time, and there’s a 14-days money-back guarantee as well if you’re not satisfied with the plugin. Moreover, once you’ve paid this price, this shall be the price you’d have to pay for future renewals, even if the price increases.
3. All in One SEO
All in One SEO is the most downloaded premium Yoast SEO Alternative WordPress Plugins. Every SEO lover would love this tool too! As its name suggests, you get every SEO functionality you can think of in this plugin.
The single-page user interface of the plugin makes it easy to understand and use, eliminating the need to toggle between web pages for accessing different SEO functionalities.
From end-to-end SEO, audit your website to improve the on-page and technical SEO for higher rankings through content optimization, meta-data optimization, site mapping, URL mapping, schema markup, etc. All in One SEO does it all.
The plugin also helps enhance your e-commerce business with simple, easy, and quick WooCommerce integration. Moreover, you can drive traffic and leads through your social media handles through easy social media integration in the plugin.
Check out the best all-in-one SEO alternative here.
Another highlight is the custom user roles that you can use in the plugin to customize the SEO of your website while exercising complete control on how the access and permissions are shared.
Local SEO is also easier with this plugin with built-in features and functionalities.
- End-to-end SEO functionalities for SEO Audit, Optimization, Analytics, and Tracking.
- Great to boost your business in the local areas with Local SEO features and functionalities.
- Easy social media and Woocommerce integration to expand the scope to other areas.
- Custom user roles in managing user access and control over the website.
There are several packages available. The pricing starts at $99/year, the most basic package providing SEO of one website.
As you move to higher packages, the number of websites allowed increases along with the features and functionalities available. With offers, you can also get the packages for a discounted price.
4. The SEO Framework
The next Yoast SEO Alternative, The SEO Framework, is unbranded, has no advertisement, automated, AI-based plugin, meets your business SEO needs, especially when you don’t want to do much work.
The AI features of the plugin would do most of the work for you, including analysis and optimization of the website for higher rankings on the search engine results pages.
The plugin would automatically manage all the website settings through its preconfigured model while also giving you the option to customize the settings based on your business-specific needs and requirements. The built-in artificial intelligence also makes it easier to manage the metadata. The plugin automatically writes the meta titles and descriptions for your website posts and content to get recognized by Google and rank on top results.
Additionally, the plugin offers Local SEO features and functionalities as well, only that to use them, you need to move to the premium versions.
- Automated SEO features and functionalities so that you don’t have to do much of the work.
- High-end security and AI features and functionalities that help maintain security and index only the most impressive version of the web pages on your site.
- End-to-end analytics and website audit for more than 70+ issues on the website along with automated resolving of the issues encountered.
- Local SEO features and a lot more advanced functionalities in the premium version.
- An unbranded, ad-free plugin that offers only white hat SEO services with the plugin name not appearing anywhere on your website.
The plugin is free to get started with and has most features and functionalities that you’ll need in the initial stages of your business. The premium packages start at $7 monthly and come with additional and advanced features, including Local SEO and a lot more.
SEOPressor is another great WordPress SEO Yoast SEO Alternative plugin. It helps manage and control the website SEO with features and functionalities like website audit, keyword optimization, link management, etc.
The plugin comes with a user-friendly dashboard that presents all the SEO aspects of your website on a single screen to help look into the SEO health of your website at a glance and work on improving it.
With the keyword optimization features of the plugin, you can easily optimize up to three keywords and work on improving the rankings of your website with better SEO-optimized content.
The on-page analysis features provide the insights you need to determine the website’s SEO health. You need to determine ideas suggestions to work more systematically on improving the website SEO and have the web pages rank higher on search engines.
In addition to analysis, customization, and optimization features, the plugin also helps control the website's crawling and link management.
- At a glance, view of website’s SEO health on a well-designed, user-friendly dashboard.
- Keyword optimization up to three keywords.
- On-page SEO analysis with end-to-end SEO suggestions.
- Easy link management and crawling control.
- A semantic builder that helps with semantic analysis and markup to enhance the search relevance on the web pages.
This plugin, unfortunately, does not offer a free version. However, it comes at as low as $9 a month, which is a good deal for the features and functionalities this plugin has in store to improve your website's SEO health.
These are to improve your website's SEO health, and all of them come with the most useful features and functionalities. Now that we’ve known about the alternatives, it’s only fair to know about the plugin that we’re looking for alternatives for. So, here are some details about the Yoast SEO plugin itself.
Yoast SEO Plugin
Yoast SEO is the most popular, most preferred, and most downloaded SEO plugin you can find on WordPress. On a mission to make SEO easy for all, Yoast SEO offers amazing SEO features and functionalities even in its free version. When you move on to the premium versions, you can unlock many great deals.
The plugin provides SEO audit and analysis and helps improve the SEO with its suggestions. Still, it also helps with content optimization with detailed content analysis regarding content readability and user-friendliness.
Additionally, the plugin provides for on-page and technical SEO audit, analysis, and optimization features. You can easily manage links, control mark-up indexing, and other analytics and tracking requirements.
Moreover, the plugin provides for easy integrations as well, through which you can perform WooCommerce SEO, Local SEO, and a lot more.
- End-to-end SEO for all with complete on-page and technical SEO features.
- Easy content creation and management with readability analysis and improvement suggestions for every post.
- Complete SEO analysis for the web pages with suggestions for improvement.
- Easy integrations for WooCommerce SEO, Local SEO, etc.
- Analytics and integration features for schema markup, site mapping, crawling controlling, and link management.
You can use Yoast SEO for free, but it shall come only with the most basic functionalities. For more advanced functionalities, it’s better to move to Yoast SEO Premium, which starts at $89 a year and provides SEO for one website. As you add more sites, the premium cost increases. However, with everything the plugin offers, it’s only worth paying the price.
Which is the Best Yoast SEO Alternative?
I would recommend RankMath as the Best Yoast SEO Alternative in my review. Next to RankMath, you can go for the affordable pick, SEOPress. And, the premium Yoast SEO Alternative is All in One SEO.
So, this is all about the Yoast SEO Alternatives and Yoast SEO itself. Every plugin is good in its own unique way, and what suits you is entirely based on your specific requirements. The best way to decide is to judge your needs, compare them, and then choose what seems the best alternative for your business requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Yoast SEO?
Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that helps optimize your website's content and keywords to boost its search engine rankings. Although Yoast SEO does a lot of the work for you, it still requires your involvement and some preparation.
Which is the best alternative to Yoast SEO?
RankMath is the best Yoast SEO Alternative. When comparing the free versions of the two programs, Rank Math outperforms Yoast SEO. That doesn't necessarily imply that it's “better” because the real question is whether you'll use the extra features.
Any Cheaper alternative to Yoast SEO?
RankMath is the cheapest Yoast SEO Alternative. Rank Math features a clear and well-organized UI and has a pleasing appearance. Rank Math's modern UI not only looks excellent, but it also improves the end-user experience.